Author Topic: Wiring Colours and fonts (IDE and Forum)  (Read 2860 times)

Mowcius

Wiring Colours and fonts (IDE and Forum)
« on: June 22, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »
As with the Wiring IDE, the colour matching for text, banners etc leaves a little to be desired on this forum :D

The main things I notice are the bold text at the top of this in the orange box - it's grey on orange and is pretty awful to try and read. The blue background around the post creation icons is also a little weird.

(Mowcius brings out web developer to have a play with colours).

Minor changes to the css which could make a big difference to the look of the forum.

Could we also get the compose text box font size a bit bigger (bhagman, I'm surprised of you to make it so small) and perhaps change the general forum font to something looking a little less dated :P

The way the subject and message icon boxes highlight and shift everything down a few pixels is also a little annoying.

Another negative sounding post but I think the comments are all justified and we might as well get it right :)

brevig

Re: Wiring Colours and fonts (IDE and Forum)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 07:05:49 AM »
I agree that we still have some work to do with selecting fonts and contrasts. Although, personally I love the distinct Wiring orange color!

Mowcius

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 07:07:22 AM »
Ok I like the orange - it's just what it's with which is the problem :P
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:30:01 AM by Mowcius »

bhagman

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
OK, to be fair, I yelled at Hernando to upgrade to SMF 2.0 last night (I think it was around 11pm).  I think he wanted to punch me in the gut, but he obliged.  "It'll be a piece of cake.  The only possible trouble may be converting the theme," I said.

Well, I bet you can guess what happened?  "Famous last words."

It will get sorted out.  Hernando is a whiz at this stuff (do I need to say that?)

Sorry Hernando!

Mowcius

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »
Hehe - that doesn't surprise me :D

It will get sorted out.  Hernando is a whiz at this stuff (do I need to say that?)
Nope :)

admin

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2011, 06:36:49 PM »
sorry, I am still dealing with that mess on the theme :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:13:10 AM by admin »