imagelogin

Author Topic: Error in Nano board pin definitions in Wiring 1.0  (Read 2370 times)

cver65

Error in Nano board pin definitions in Wiring 1.0
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:05 AM »
Just found some lackind PIN definitions for Arduino :

Nano has 8 Analog Ins (from 0-7), while standard Uno etc using DIP only have 6.

Result is that A6 and A7 are "undefined" in Wiring while they should be defined (apparently as 6 and 7) in the "c:\Program Files\Wiring\hardware\Arduino\DuemilanoveUno\BoardDefs.h"

I also saw #define TOTAL_ANALOG_PINS       6

That is also incorrect.

Actually, this is strange as I expected to be able to use DigitalRead (A4) correctly, but that won't be the case here either.

To be discussed/solved. Probably the NANO needs to be handled separately after all.

barragan

Re: Error in Nano board pin definitions in Wiring 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:13:09 PM »
Thanks Christopher, could you submit it to github issues? https://github.com/WiringProject/Wiring/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open

bhagman

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 03:59:01 PM »
Interesting.  I never looked at the Nano.  I guess that's my fault.  I just assumed it was a repackaging of the first boards into a "DIP" package.

Please add the issue!  We'll get 'er fixed.

cver65

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »
Done. I also commented/supported the idea of aligning with Arduino and Maple by numbering the analog pins starting at the pin number (A0=55 for Mega etc.), like everybody else does. This allows things such as "digitalRead(A0)" to make sense without hassle.

barragan

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:50:01 AM »
hi Christoph, thanks, yes, that sounds very reasonable, "numbering the analog pins starting at the pin number (A0=55 for Mega etc.), like everybody else does. This allows things such as "digitalRead(A0)" to make sense without hassle"