Author Topic: Wiring Stk500v2 boot-loader has the !!! bug.  (Read 2594 times)

feurig

Wiring Stk500v2 boot-loader has the !!! bug.
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:38:57 PM »
I am working on a client project where we need to deploy remotely and we would like to use the WDT. We were dismayed to find that the portions of the stock arduino boot loader that were WDT aware were stripped out (along with most of the useful parts of the original code) but the showstopper came when we discovered that over half of the new arduinos we were getting had a bug that made our remote updating system (basically a linux box with a pile of python) randomly hang.

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/detail?id=392

Since we have to reload the boot loaders on all of our systems anyway. I wanted to use the WDT aware boot loader from wiring. I can now use the WDT but have the original bug that made us make the change.

I will probably patch this in wiring based the above discussion. but thought I would see what should be done about the bug in general.

feurig

Re: Wiring Stk500v2 boot-loader does not have the !!! bug.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 11:27:42 AM »
The problem is not specific to the content. I am presently getting an avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout error. I will look at how I built the boot loader and see if I can find what I am missing.

barragan

Re: Wiring Stk500v2 boot-loader has the !!! bug.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
ok, we will be checking.

feurig

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 01:58:38 PM »

barragan

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 11:32:51 PM »
I'll ask Brett to verify this with you, we are working on the next release, it would be nice to have this fixed!