login

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Wiring Hardware Questions / Re: Reusing a ~2009 Atmega644P based Wiring board ?
« Last post by barragan on September 16, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
How is it marked the microcontroller? Atmega128 16AU?
Wiring Hardware Questions / Reusing a ~2009 Atmega644P based Wiring board ?
« Last post by coolnodje on September 15, 2014, 05:27:32 AM »
With the latest Wiring software when I try to upload some code, I get the following message:

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA644P is 1E 96 0A

Is there any chance I can revive the board?

PS: The chip on the board actually reads Atmega128 16AU but somehow it's reported as 644p.

I've found this page http://www.leonardomiliani.com/en/2012/aggiungere-il-supporto-per-gli-atmega644p1284p-allarduino-ide-1-0-1/ but I'm not 100% sure that it's what is missing.
hi, the problem is the library is re defining how to attend the `__vector_9' interruption, Which is already defined on lines 97/103 on https://github.com/WiringProject/Wiring/blob/master/framework/cores/AVR8Bit/WHardwareTimer.cpp

The right way should be Timer2.attachInterrupt() and rename the ISR(TIMER2_COMPA_vect)  on the FreqCounter.cpp:104 to a function you want to be called anytime TIMER2_COMPA_vect is generated.

See how the initialization of other timers on the Arduino definite are handled on init: https://github.com/WiringProject/Wiring/blob/master/framework/hardware/Arduino/DuemilanoveUno/BoardDefs.cpp

Let me know.
Core/Cross-platform Library Questions / correctly import arduino lib (using timer2)
« Last post by Raffy87 on August 28, 2014, 02:03:43 PM »
I am trying to get de frequentie counter working in Wiring

http://interface.khm.de/index.php/lab/experiments/arduino-frequency-counter-library/

But i get the error

core.a(WHardwareTimer.cpp.o): In function `__vector_9':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiring\cores\AVR8Bit/WHardwareTimer.cpp:103: multiple definition of `__vector_9'
FreqCounter\FreqCounter.cpp.o:C:\Program Files (x86)\Wiring\libraries\FreqCounter/FreqCounter.cpp:104: first defined here

when I compile the sketch.

Can someone help me to confert the libraries correctly. Or help me get a simalur lib that works directly with Wiring.

kind regards Raphael Baars
Installation Questions / Re: Windows 8 / 8.1
« Last post by barragan on August 11, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »
hi Fraser, I have uploaded an osx test version, http://wiring.org.co/download/wiring-0101-macosx.zip in case you have an mac with os 10.9 to try. IŽll be doing the same for Windows 8 as soon as I get my windows machine back from dell, it is broken right now.
« Last post by fraser on August 10, 2014, 05:03:12 AM »
That is great to hear. Many thanks for the reply and updates. I have always loved this project/platform and it would be ace to use it without having to mess about with VM or dual booting into a legacy OS as I am at the moment.

Thanks again!

« Last post by barragan on August 05, 2014, 12:08:36 PM »
We are working a release supporting Windows 8, and Macosx 10.9, osx should be up by the weekend and Windows in the following days. Linux will take a bit longer.
Installation Questions / Windows 8 / 8.1
« Last post by fraser on August 02, 2014, 09:36:53 AM »
I realise this project has not been updated for a while, but I was wondering if anyone has the Wiring IDE working in Windows 8 or 8.1?

I have recently dug out my old board for a little project I have planned - but I can't seem to compile anything using the Wiring IDE.

The errors I get are from avr-g++.exe when trying to compile.

C:\wiring\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++.exe: *** fatal error - couldn't allocate heap

I have tried a few things such as compatibility mode and unblocking but I just can't get it to work.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks
I think its not. the FTDI driver.....  You forgot to remove  a sign by installing Java, this is the only install I know wich installing this toolbar.....

Rob
I was really happy to install Wiring 1.0 build 100 yesterday on my Mac laptop. I also installed the FTDI drivers that came with it. (incidentally, these rename the COM1 and COM2 ports but I used bluetooth port names and it started working.)

What surprised me is that I had to unlock my Mac (OSX 10.9.4) to allow an unsigned and uncertificated driver to be installed, but I trust Wiring. I am extremely careful about who i unlock for.

To my surprise, after installing the driver and rebooting, my web browser (Chrome) started up with a different homepage and toolbar, something like the ask tool bar that Java tries to stick you with.

But the only installation done was the FTDI drivers for wiring. (FTDIUSBSerialDriver_v2_2_16.dmg Created: Monday, February 28, 2011 at 9:50 AM)

So either somebody hacked the drivers to put in this toolbar, or the extension was put in without consent, or i got it from another source.

I appreciate Wiring and I don't mind bloatware if I am asked first because then I can say no.

Anyway thanks for making such a great program and sorry for any inconvenience this report may cause.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]