Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Wiring Hardware Questions / Short Cirtcuting Motherboards
« Last post by Pyro on July 19, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
ive started messing whit circuits recently but there is a problem , when i short something my breaker switch always switches off (not fully) and im using that extesion whit a switch but it dosent help. anyone know how i can stop this?
Electronics Questions / What's wrong with my led driver circuit?
« Last post by Wennie on May 11, 2017, 02:51:36 AM »
Excuse me if my question is too specific. I'm trying to get an LED driver using PT4115 work. I've spent hours but no success. I've created exactly the circuit depicted in the datasheet.

I have used 0.33ohm resistor (0.300mA), 95uH inductor, 100uF capacitor and 1N5819 diode. I've checked all parts a hundred times. When I power the circuit with 12V DC I measure 4.3V at the DIM pin, I think this is a good sign the chip is working. But when I put a resistor as the load it seems as if this is short circuit and I get no constant current, for example with 22ohms I get 520 mA instead of expected 300 mA. I have no experience with buck convertors, what can be wrong?

Electronics Questions / Raspberry Pi wiring simple LED
« Last post by kayden on February 28, 2017, 10:22:58 PM »
I'm completely new to hardware in general. I just got a raspberry pi and was messing around trying to get an LED to light up.

I have everything wired like the picture below. I am using a 330ohm resister, which I believe is bigger therefore ok then what is required.

also (sorry this is my first time using any program to draw a circuit)

The program runs successfully, but no light comes on. I know the LED is good as I've tested it on the arduino. Anybody care to explain my wiring fault?
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# cat test.py
#!/usr/bin/python
import RPi.GPIO as GPIO

GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BOARD)
GPIO.setup(11, GPIO.OUT)

GPIO.output(11, True)
Changing to GPIO pin 0 results
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 5, in <module>
    GPIO.setup(0, GPIO.OUT)
RPi.GPIO.InvalidChannelException: The channel sent is invalid on a Raspberry Pi
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi#
Project Questions / Guidelines / Re: Trouble with trailer wiring...NEED HELP!!!
« Last post by Soupy on February 10, 2017, 01:20:00 AM »
hi, this forum is about the vigrx plus project but let's see if someone could help.

Hi Jerrod did you solve this?
Programming Questions / Connect Thermal Print from SPARKFUN to Wiring
« Last post by AnaMaria on November 07, 2016, 05:13:03 PM »
In advance, thank you very much for your help,
I write because I have a doubt with a wiring code, i want to know if you can helpme to solve it. I'm trying to connect the thermal printer from Sparkfun to wiring and then, use it with Wiring S.The code have this error:

error: 0:
/Applications/Wiring.app/Contents/Java/cores/AVR8Bit/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.h:30:18: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void SoftwareSerial::write(uint8_t)'
In file included from /Applications/Wiring.app/Contents/Java/cores/AVR8Bit/libraries/SoftwareSerial/SoftwareSerial.h:23:0,
prueba1:-1: error: /Applications/Wiring.app/Contents/Java/cores/Common/Print.h:47:20: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

Here is the code ..

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial Thermal(2, 3);
int heatTime = 80;
int heatInterval = 255;
char printDensity = 15;
char printBreakTime = 15;
void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(57600); // for debug info to serial monitor
 Thermal.begin(19200); // to write to our new printer
 initPrinter();
}
void initPrinter()
{
 //Modify the print speed and heat
 Thermal.write(27);
 Thermal.write(55);
 Thermal.write(7); //Default 64 dots = 8*('7'+1)
 Thermal.write(heatTime); //Default 80 or 800us
 Thermal.write(heatInterval); //Default 2 or 20us
 //Modify the print density and timeout
 Thermal.write(18);
 Thermal.write(35);
 int printSetting = (printDensity<<4) | printBreakTime;
 Thermal.write(printSetting); //Combination of printDensity and printBreakTime
 Serial.println();
 Serial.println("Printer ready");
}
void loop()
{
 Thermal.println(" Visit http://tronixstuff.com ");
 Thermal.write(10); //Sends the LF to the printer, advances the paper
 Thermal.print(" Millis = ");
 Thermal.println(millis());
 Thermal.write(10);
 Thermal.write(10);
 do { } while (1>0);
}
General Discussion / Help with a simple robot
« Last post by hannahrae on October 10, 2016, 08:20:20 PM »
My grandsons fell in love with this cute little robot and want to build it but the wiring is not clear to me. I have no experience with wiring. Can someone help me by drawing a diagram or explaining how to wire the battery, switch, and motors together? Thank you!

https://youtu.be/WdEac7IfQb8
Wiring Hardware Questions / Astrology And Horoscope @ http://www.horoscopepoint.com
« Last post by hadgvin1 on September 03, 2016, 08:18:32 AM »
Horoscope Point provides detailed information about virgo Zodiac signs. What is personality virgo person, and how to up and down virgo person life in future? You can get know about virgo nature, friend and family, education and career, love marriage, virgo like and dislike. More at http://www.horoscopepoint.com/
Wiring Hardware Questions / please help just dont get it
« Last post by cacebaby on August 25, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
hi all ok ill give this ago im trying to make a thule 12v electric caravan step work on a different switch than what it came with so instead of one rocker switch to make it go in and out i got 2 12v led momentary switches one for in the other for out i have 2 wires from the step orange the other purple if i put orange on + the other on - it comes out if i swap them it goes back in but how the hell can i get them to work on my 2 switches they both are 5 pin 12v led momentary plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help many thanks allen
Installation Questions / Issues installing on Windows
« Last post by abc on August 19, 2016, 10:34:43 PM »
Hey so I'm trying to install Wiring on my windows computer, I already downloaded and installed the drivers but I'm not sure how to install the software, the only thing I have is a zip file called wiring-v1.0.1-dev. and I don't know what to do.  :'( Please help! Thanks!
Project Questions / Guidelines / Re: Reading microSD cards on Wiring
« Last post by Qynx on June 26, 2016, 04:33:28 AM »
I had no  experience reading microSD cards on Wiring...

A good reason to start with it.......  Any questions ?

http://www.soran.edu.iq
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10